Friday, October 11, 2013

Recipe for Chicken Bacon Alfredo


 
I love bacon. Bacon, Bacon, Bacon! I first had it in Pasta at Johnny Carinos a few years ago. It was love at first bite. And I like my home made version just as well. It is rich and creamy and well, bacony. It is one of my dishes that starts with butter and ends with cream, so of course it has to be delicious. But don't let that scare you. Foods full of fat are filling and bring a sense of satisfaction. One serving will not leave you wishing for more. Can serve over spaghetti squash or a gluten free pasta if you have something against gluten. I personally do not!
 
First get the bacon bakin'. I bake at 400 for 15-20 min and like it extra crispy. Then let it drain and chop it up.

 
While the bacon is bakin', chop up some chicken-preferably a backyard rooster- and saute' in a bit of olive oil until no longer pink. Toss in some fresh crushed garlic and cook it for about a minute.
 
 
Cut the cream cheese into smallish squares so it melts fast and throw them in the pot. Once it has melted down, add 1/2 stick butter, 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, and 1/2 cup grated Parmesan and Mozzarella cheese mix.  Continue to heat over medium low until the cheese is melted and the sauce is thickened. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes for a tiny kick.
 
                                         

Serve over veggies or pasta and sprinkle with bacon. You could make this dairy free, poultry free, pork free, and fat free. But then it would be a whole other animal altogether. And certainly not creamy bacon chicken Alfredo!

 
Creamy Chicken Bacon Alfredo
 
8 strips of bacon
1 lb chicken pieces, cut bite sized
1 T olive oil
1 clove garlic, crushed
3 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup butter
1 1/2 cup cream
Salt, pepper, red pepper flakes (optional) to taste
 
Cook the bacon and cut into pieces. In a fry pan, cook the chicken in olive oil until chicken is no longer pink. Add the garlic and cook for one minute. Cut the cream cheese into small chunks and add to the pan. Once it has melted, add the butter and cream. When it is warm, add the cheeses and spices. Cook until all the cheese is melted and sauce is thick. Serve over veggies or pasta.
 
Do you find this "Pinteresting"? Is it likeable? Does it leave you Twitterpated? Please consider following My Lamp is Full on Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter.

This post is partying with these awesome hops.  Check them out for inspiration. Also shared at Countdown 2014 @ joyinmykitchen

 
 
 


18 comments:

  1. Great recipe! Thanks for sharing it with us.

    I am stopping by from MissionalWomen.Com today. We were blessed to link up after you over at Unite / Rich Faith Rising. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooohh-- YUM. I love bacon anything. Even my kids enjoy bacon anything.

    Thank you for sharing on A Humble Bumble's Healthy Tuesdays Blog Hop. I hope you will join us again next week.
    Kerry from Country Living On A Hill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds so delicious. I love your idea of serving over spaghetti squash. I've never tried it as a pasta substitute yet but I want to!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like it over spaghetti squash okay. I just really love the bite of a noodle. Hope I never have reason to go gluten free.

      Delete
  4. Dropping by from the Homeacre Hop... Oh my this it totally a heart attack waiting to heppen and I can't wait to try it. You had me at Bacon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Visiting from the Farm Blog Hop. Thanks for the recipe. I'm pinning also. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delicious recipe - I love your version of Chicken Bacon Alfredo, and I love that it's easy to make as well :-) Thank you for sharing your recipe with the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks April, and thanks for featuring my recipe too!

      Delete
  7. Yum. I love quick delicious meals like this one. And I'm with you on the bacon ~ we all love it. Thanks for your recipe. I'm going to add it to our menu next week. Would you be willing to share this recipe post at our Making Monday link party? We would love it. Thanks. Have a fabulous week. http://www.abrightandbeautifullife.com/making-monday-10/

    Lori @ A Bright and Beautiful Life
    www.abrightandbeautifullife.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the new site design! Thanks for linking up to Wellness Wedesndays at RaisingtheBarrs.com!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Bacon is a big theme this week in our link up recipes! The link up is getting some bacon love :) Thanks for linking up at our Gluten Free Fridays party! I have tweeted and pinned your entry to our Gluten Free Fridays board on Pinterest! :)

    Hope your week is great!

    Cindy from vegetarianmamma.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great Recipe!! And it looks so scrumptious! Indeed an awesome dinner idea; Thanks for sharing it! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...