Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Make Your Own Chocolate Truffles!

12 Days of dōTERRA Christmas: Day Eight, A Cooking Lesson!
 

On the eighth day of Christmas, my true loves gave to me delicious home made truffles,
Lists lists lists,
Presents for Wrapping
Five minutes of peace....and relief from my work out.
A personal trainer,
A fight over cookies,
A cold in my nose,
And a pumpkin full of leftover Halloween candy.


The kids asked for candy in their stockings. I am not a fan of candy. Not that it doesn't taste good, because it most certainly does. But because I am not a fan of artificial colors and flavors. I detest high fructose corn syrup and genetically modified "whatevers" found in commercially produced candy. So, this year, the kids will have candy. But it will come from Mrs. Claus' test kitchen, not Walmart. I had a little help from my elf.

I have already shared my simple chocolate covered pretzel recipe. Here are two more winners with my two favorite holiday flavors. Wild Orange and Peppermint. And also a little lemon because well, YUM! You can't buy this kind of delicious at the store.  Plus they contain butter and cream and so how can that go wrong?



Orange/Chocolate and Peppermint/Chocolate Truffles:
2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
12 T butter
4 cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips

Melt the butter into the cream on medium heat. Then, stir in the chocolate chips. Continue to heat until melted and all ingredients are incorporated. Pour into two separate dishes. Add 4 drops peppermint essential oil to one dish and whisk well to combine. Add 4-6 drops of wild orange to the other and whisk well to combine. Start with the oil one drop at a time and taste to make sure it is to your preference. I like a little more orange, a little less peppermint. Place the dishes in fridge until cooled and hardened.

Scoop out bite sized pieces and form into balls. Roll them in cocoa powder, coconut, powdered sugar or coat them in melted chocolate and allow to harden.

White Chocolate Lemon Truffles
2 T Heavy Cream
2 T Butter
1/2 cup white chocolate chips

Melt the butter and cream together. Add the white chocolate. Whisk all together until incorporated. Add 2-4 drops of lemon essential oil and mix well. Refrigerate until hardened. Form into balls and roll in lemon flavored powdered sugar.

Lemon infused powdered sugar:
2 T powdered sugar
1 drop lemon essential oil
Put in a baggie and shake until well combined. Pour on a plate and roll truffles in. Alternately, you can melt more white chocolate and roll the truffles in, let harden and serve.

You can buy lemon, peppermint and orange oils here and get free shipping.

Do you find this "pinteresting"? Is it likeable? Does it leave you twitterpated? Please consider following My Lamp is Full on Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter. Or join my email group above.
*Disclaimer: None of these remedies have been endorsed by the FDA. The suggestions are not meant to diagnose, treat or cure. Always use your own best judgment and the advice of a trusted medical advisor.

This post is partying with these awesome hops. Check them out for inspiration.


7 comments:

  1. I just made those same peppermint truffles last night :) yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YUMMY! Thanks for linking up at our Gluten Free Fridays party! I have tweeted and pinned your entry to our Gluten Free Fridays board on Pinterest! :)

    Hope your week is great!

    Cindy from vegetarianmamma.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome recipe Janine! I make candy each year to give as gifts. I'm not big on sugar the rest of the year, but the holidays calls for something special. I agree with you. I like to avoid all of the junk that comes in store-bought candies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kids were a bit put out that there was not candy in the stockings. No matter that they each had truffles wrapped under the tree. If it doesn't come in a stocking, it is not Christmas candy! Unfortunately, one of the littles saw me making them, so, they could not come from the north pole. Maybe next year I can pull It off!

    ReplyDelete
  5. My son would LOVE the white chocolate ones!! Thanks for linking this to Think Tank Thursday. I hope to see you again today. http://saving4six.com/2014/01/welcome-to-think-tank-thursday-62.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...