Thursday, June 12, 2014

Paleo Meatballs and Macadamia Nut Ranch Dip

Candida Cleanse Dinner number two! Today I started phase 2 of the candida cleanse and I am feeling pretty good, although have had the munchies all day. While in this phase, eating raw food is a must as it contains enzymes to break down in the tummy. I am not a fan of raw food. Not beyond raw milk or yogurt and some carrots and celery once in awhile. I love raw chia pudding and nuts and I can down a green smoothie without a problem. But, that is about the extent of my experience with raw food. It is so fun learning new things!!

Today I wanted a nice leafy green salad for dinner. But what am I going to put on it? No dairy, no orange juice, no vinegar. So, I came across an idea for a macadamia nut dressing. I tweaked it to my liking and came up with a hummus textured treat. Really awesome for dipping crunchy things in.


Macadamia Ranch Dressing
6 oz macadamia nuts
juice of one lemon
1/3 cup water
1/3 cup expeller pressed coconut oil
1 tsp ranch dressing mix
Salt and pepper to taste

In a food processor, start the nuts and lemon juice a-whipping. Then stream in the water and the coconut oil. Finally, add the ranch seasoning and any additional salt and pepper you wish. Keep processing until it resembles hummus. Or, if you want to use as a salad dressing, Continue streaming in water until desired consistency.



I served it up with my Paleo Meatballs to make a complete meal.
1 lb grass fed ground beef
1 backyard egg
1 cup shredded backyard yellow squash
1/2 cup salsa
1/4 cup almond flour

Mix it all until well combined. then using a cookie scoop, place on a baking sheet and bake at 350 for 25 minutes or until no longer pink in the center. Serve with a big, raw salad.


Do you find this "Pinteresting"? Is it likeable? Does it leave you Twitterpated? Please consider following My Lamp is Full on Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter.
This post is partying with these awesome hops.  Check them out for inspiration.

6 comments:

  1. Hi Janine! Looks like you have come up with a wonderful new flavor combination. It's so interesting to me how wonderful food is if we jump outside of the norm that the food manufacturers tell us that we should be eating. Think about all that we are missing if we just eat chicken nuggets and french frys.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. We look to others to do everything for us from doctor us to psychoanalyze to feed us. I love taking power back.

      Delete
  2. Thanks so much for sharing your fantastic Meatballs with us on the Four Seasons Blog Hop~ Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh! I've never thought to put yellow squash in meatballs. I have tried cabbage or mushrooms (also super tasty) before though. I'll try these next time I make meatballs :)

    Pinned!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look great. Can't wait to try them. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your Paleo meatballs look delicious and I love the sound of the Macadamia Nut Ranch Dip! These are two lovely wholesome recipes. Thank you for sharing them with us at the Hearth and Soul hop. Pinned :-)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...