Thursday, July 10, 2014

DIY Lemon Wood Polish

Ah dusting! The very last chore on my list. I have never relished it. In fact, I wish some little blue birds would fly through the window and in pairs, each hold a corner of a dusting rag in their tiny beak and dust my ceiling fans so they no longer look like this:

 
But when I open my windows, all that comes flitting in are hoards and hoard of houseflies and all they do is leave their swatted bodies all over my window sills, so I just need some lemon to calm down. There is just something happens when you add the scent of lemon to any cleaning routine. It just makes you whistle while you work. But lemon oils like pledge are filled with chemicals that make my respiratory system less than happy. Not so when I use my two ingredient lemon wood cleaner. It banishes dust, nourishes your wood, and promotes a healthy cleaning environment. Plus, it is so easy!



1 spray bottle
8 oz oil. I prefer almond oil. It is great on wood.
10 drops doTERRA lemon essential oils.


Put the oils in a spray bottle and tilt gently to mix. I prefer doing it in a sprayer as I think it goes further and is easier for my kids to use.

That is it! Try it and tell me how you like it. You may find that you whistle as you dust and attract small critters that join in your happy little working song. To Purchase and get free shipping, go here!

Do enjoy what I have to say? Never miss a post! Sign up here to receive posts by email!

Do you find this "Pinteresting"? Is it likeable? Please consider following My Lamp is Full on Pinterest or Facebook.
This post is partying with these awesome hops.  Check them out for inspiration.

14 comments:

  1. I love DIY green cleaning products especially those made with essential oils. Thanks for sharing this simple and easy recipe. Visiting from Health Happy Green & Natural Blog Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for visiting Marla. I took a month off and have missed my visitors.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea!! I just bought some essential oils for my pets (repelling fleas and ticks) but I can definitely use some for this too. Thanks for sharing your idea. By the way, I don't like dusting either. Vacuuming is my least favorite.
    Julie @ Sweet and Spicy Monkey

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I don't mind vacuuming. Actually, there is no chore I hate really. I just don't want to do them all day everyday!

      Delete
  4. This sounds so easy I just might start dusting... :p This was the most viewed link on last weekend's Savoring Saturdays blog hop, so you're being featured on this weekend's party! I hope you'll come by and link up again! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Raia! I appreciate that. Will be back!

      Delete
  5. There's something about the lemon smell that makes it smell clean. Thank you for sharing. Hello from HomeAcre Hop.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Melissa and for taking the time to comment.

      Delete
  6. Now, that is easy enough! I have the almond oil but oddly enough I need the lemon. I'm trying this for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not have lemon? I might never survive! :) Let me know if you need a source.

      Delete
  7. Going to pin this, Janine. Always nice to find new ways to be healthier in the products we use. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope it will work well for you Becca. Thanks for visiting!

      Delete
  8. I always prefer using natural products to clean my home. Your DIY Lemon Wood Polish sounds fantastic! Thank you for sharing it with us at the Hearth and Soul Hop.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this diy lemon wood polish thanks for sharing with Hearth and Soul blog hop

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...