Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Lettuce Taco Boats

I was in Orem, Utah last month at the greatest store called Real Food Market. I visit there every time I go to Utah. My sister and I stopped in for lunch as we knew we could trust what is served there to be great and nutritious. We both ordered dragon boats and there was an explosion of flavor in those things. The idea stuck with me and I came home and created a delight for my own dinner.

Stir Fry Lettuce Wraps


1 grilled chicken breast
1 t sesame oil
1 cup sliced multi colored peppers
1 cup diced yellow squash
1 cup diced zucchini
1 cup diced nappa cabbage
1 T soy sauce
1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
3 Large Roman Leaves

Heat oil in a fry pan. Saute the vegetables until they reach your desired tenderness. Add the seasoning, then the pumpkin seeds and the chicken. Divide equally between three large Romain Lettuce Leaves.

This is a refreshing summer time treat filled with garden delights. I hope you will all try it out and tell me what you think. If you like, please do me the favor of sharing this post with others!

Do enjoy what I have to say? Never miss a post! Sign up here to receive posts by email!

Do you find this "Pinteresting"? Is it likeable? Does it leave you Twitterpated? Please consider following My Lamp is Full on Pinterest, Facebook, or Twitter.
This post is partying with these awesome hops.  Check them out for inspiration.

13 comments:

  1. As with all your recipes, these look delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum!! Hopping over from Homemaking party, glad I did!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks everyone. These are so versatile and refreshing on a hot summer day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These look yummy! Thanks for sharing the recipe with Thrive @ Home Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks delicious! I just started a new series called Eating Inside the Box it would be awesome if you would share this with us! Please linkup any other recipes to any fruit/veggie category you'd like!
    http://www.cultivatenourishing.com/lettuces/
    Enjoy the Harvest!
    Lindsey

    ReplyDelete
  6. My tastebuds are already sailing at just the thought of eating these!! :) Lettuce rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! These look delicious! I need to stop looking at the Savoring Saturdays links when I'm hungry... ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Better than shopping while hungry.
      Thanks for stopping by Raia.

      Delete
  8. Love the lettuce boats! I'd love to try this. Thanks for linking up to Savoring Saturdays!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Eva and for taking the time to comment.

      Delete
  9. Pinning this to our Mostly Homemade Mondays board! Thanks for linking up this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for pinning Kelli. I have never seen your blog. Look forward to checking it out.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...